• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

bear pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_0072.jpeg

.50, smooth bore bear pistol, just finished. Shoots pretty good.
Robby

Are you going to use that on a bear ? It looks a little too short for my comfort...

It does look very nice.

I have no plan to use it on a bear DoubleD. I saw a couple pictures of South Carolina and eastern Tennessee pistols that were specifically described as such, I liked the line and proportion so I made one. It goes with a Tennessee Mountain rifle I made a few years ago. All the steel furniture on these guns was pounded out and fashioned by me.
IMG_0073.jpeg

DSCN1197.jpeg

Robby

Comfort and Poboy, that beautiful pistol, even if it was 30 feet long, would still be bear-ly long enough. The guide thing is a good idea.... Awfully rough on guides though. :eek:

Robby, very impressive work, both rifle and pistol.
:cool:

I cut the end off a smooth bore, .50 caliber barrel I intended to make a Bucks county gun from, turns out, It was too badly bent to use. So I turned it down and put a little swamp into it. Just under 16" and surprising to me, pretty accurate out to 25 yards.
Thanks,
Robby

Back