• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

bear pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robby, thanks for the pictures and commentary. My gun will never approach yours in grace, that's for sure! My barrel is 18" x 15/16,and using a precarved Kentucky stock from Track. It will be percussion, (large Siler) and made up to a half-stock configuration.. I did use the Bounty Hunter as a rough idea for my gun, but wanted to see more traditional and historic photos or references of them. My version will require a rest, it is all I can hold up with one hand. That's OK though, it's easier to carry and use than a rifle for me, my disabilities demand I sit still and the deer around here are usually shot at less than 50 yards, so things should do fine if I do my load development and sighting in practice. Although we do have black bear, I have no desire to shoot my totem brothers. Thanks, everybody. George.

great looking pistol! (although I think shooting the guide in the knee is a bit harsh, and rather unsporting, too).

Pistol?
Bear?

Sorry, if I am in bear country black powder is just for fun.

Glock 20 with Buffalo Bore 220gr hardcast.
I'm not going to play with big furry critters with poor temperament and stabbies on the end of their digits.

Pistol?
Bear?

Sorry, if I am in bear country black powder is just for fun.

Glock 20 with Buffalo Bore 220gr hardcast.
I'm not going to play with big furry critters with poor temperament and stabbies on the end of their digits.

A glock. Ha Ha

Back