• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bear vs .58

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Swamp Rat,

tell your relative Waidmanns Heil! from Germany. That is a nice bear and also a nice rifle.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Very nice, tell him congrats from us all and compliments on a fine gun, it is rather surprising that the bear could be killed by a ...round ball :shocked2: , must have been luck(VBG) the video thing sounds real neat, hope more can get video or even pics of hunts this year.

The roundball did the job alright. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I have not been able to transfer the video onto either of my comp's. I was able to get onto a DVD from tape but it seems to be in a format that only TV DvD players see. Both of my comps show the DVD disk as empty nothing on it but it plays in the unit hooked up to the TV that recorded it. :youcrazy:

If you figure out the video problem,let me know. My camera acts the same way, I cant get it to transfer to anything but the computer.

That is what I have always done but my camera wont transfer to disc or vcr tape for some reason. Even following the directions is useless.I had hoped to store some stuff on disc in case of computer failure. Oh well.

Alright, I posted the video of this hunt yesterday and it was pulled due to complaints. That is total bull ****. When I posted I made sure to warn people and if they have a problem at all with a death of a bear, to not watch it. It can't get anymore similar than that people. If you can't head the warning, you have no right to then come back and complain to Claude. :shake:

Swamp Rat said:
When I posted I made sure to warn people and if they have a problem at all with a death of a bear, to not watch it. It can't get anymore similar than that people. If you can't head the warning, you have no right to then come back and complain to Claude. :shake:

Makes ya sort of wonder what they expected to see??

Hey it is what it is....I thought I was posting in the Muzzleloading Hunting Forum and I made sure to warn before viewing. One wonders what the hell these people who complain are doing in the Muzzleloading Hunting Forum to begin with.

I guess it woulda been better if it ran off camera and went 50 to 100 yards before expiring like a typical bow shot bear. If anyone bothered to count the seconds, this bear expired well within whats expected with a typical vital area shot.

I did appreciate the video footage as it gave me some idea what that type of hunting was like. I asked on the video post if that was a baiting set up. I ask because of the burn pile the bear was near. I've heard about smoking the sugar and was wondering if that is what we were seeing.

My two bear hunts were spot and stalk. I'm very interested in a baited hunt. It allows the hunter to pass on animals they can look at up close. I'm trying to get a color fazed bear. Blond or cinnamon. :thumbsup:

The thing is, you forgot to put it in a nice white styrofoam tray and shrink wrap it. And that meat actually wallowed around in the DIRT!

Don't you know that meat comes in plastic trays from the refer case and the floor is clean and nicely waxed. And if meat falls on the floor it's immediately trashed.

I think of hunting as taking responsibility for my food from beginning to end. Everything from assuring healthy habitat to stable populations and clean kills. Butchering is very much a family event, and no it doesn't work with the TV on. You have to shut off the TV and work together, even talking a bit while you do it.

You can avoid all that "nasty" stuff if you only approve of meat from the market.

There's a very good reason we live an hour's drive from town. On an island 250 miles from the big city. In Alaska.

Sorry gmw I don't remember seeing your post. Yes this is an outfitter in New Brunswick that mostly caters to bow hunters. My Uncle is big into bows and sectary of the States bow club. He goes every year and I talked him into doing it with a flinter. They hunt over bait setups.

Back