• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Beauty in the eye of the beholder...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom in nc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
1727895892023.png
A book I recently saw advertised included this pic. It is a Escopeta Miquelet. The writer said the gun was "ugly but functional". My eyes see nothing ugly here. What about you?

I think it's beautiful. And for someone who knows what they're doing it would be less difficult to duplicate than some.

1727904308591.png

Another pic off the 'net, identified as Spanish style. According to the info given the miquelet is an early form of flintlock but with parts exposed making for easier repair and maintenance. It also makes for more robust and reliable spark.

Last edited:
Back