• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

beeswax ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin beers

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Want to try Stumpys moose snot patch lube can"t seem to find beeswax.Can anyone steer me in a direction as to where a fella might find beeswax other than a bee hive.Perferably without the bees. :rotf:

Thanks for info Is there a store I might be able to buy just a little to mix a bottle to try it before I buy bulk?

try ACE hardware thats where I found mine they had small round cakes that are used for lubing wood screws, (beware may cause sticker shock)

I bought mine from Hobby Lobby it was 10 bucks a pound, don't know if that's a high or low price, but I now have plenty...I also bought the caster oil from a health food store, it's the kind you rub on your skin, it was cheaper than at a drug store...

They did have 2 types of bees wax, one yellow (natural) and the other was white, don't really know if that matters or not...

Look in the yellow pages for beekeepers or apiary. Gotta be some beekeeprs in the area. Go see one and get ya a little bit a honey. It will be dirty and you'll have to clean it, but.......no better way.

I did find some at Ace hard ware 3oz for 3.30 kind of expensive compared to link I was given ,but enough to try stumpys moose snot! Appreciate all the help fellas!

The only thing I didn't see above was go to almost any fabric store. They should have beeswax all sewing used wax on the thread. Where do you think sewed with waxed linen thread came from. I did get the last from Hobby Lobby and $10 a pound is about right. Beekeepers would be my choice is I can find one close.
Fox :hatsoff:
PS Ask the wife she will know if she doesn't have some.

try a welding supply house or on line. bees wax is used to lube sanding and saw blades when working with aluminm.

Try one of those hippy-treehugger health food stores that sell "alternative" products.

Whole Foods Market...
(AKA: Bread and Circus) http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/

EarthFare... http://www.earthfare.com/

Fresh Market... http://www.thefreshmarket.com/

Product lines vary by store and geographic area but most of them have a section in the back where you can get all kinds of bulk items for use in making "environmentally sensitive" home care products. They often sell bees wax and glycerine, etc. by the pound/gallon for use in making soaps and candles and all sorts of "alternative" preparations.

I don't buy in to all that New-Age bullcrap but there are a few products that are worth buying.

I just make sure I wear my leather jacket when I go there and I take my wife along and she wears her fur coat. They really seem to like it when you do that! :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
not to get off subject. but have you ever noticed the peta people only go after a woman or a man with a fur or leather coat. but will not say anthing to a biker or bikers with their leather on.

bob308 said:
not to get off subject. but have you ever noticed the peta people only go after a woman or a man with a fur or leather coat. but will not say anthing to a biker or bikers with their leather on.

:rotf: Yeah! Seeing one throw red paint on a Hells Angel would be somethin to see!

My wife was wearing her coyote Trimmed parka, with wolf skin fur mittens in a store, when the cashier said something to her. She jumped all over that lady, and made it very clear that the wolf pelt had been legally trapped many years before in Canada, and that coyote was not only not an endangered species but a common pest and killer of domestic dogs, and cats. She told the woman to shove it! Somewhere under that parka beats the heart of a " Biker Chick!"

Try one of the wifes bees wax candles, PS don't tell her your borrowing it! LOL
Trapper

If all else fails I can get you some from a local bee keeper I'll have to check on the price and shipping but it shoulden't be much.

Local crafts store should have. I bought some at one, pricey, but no shipping, and I was already near there for other reasons.

Latest posts

Back