• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

beeswax ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kbeer, seriously try to find you a local beekeeper and get acquainted with him. The ones I know are nice folks and will likely give you all the beeswax you could ever use.

I found a mixture of bees wax and carnuba oil. Used for furnature wax. Could this be used in the Moose Snot recipe in stead of straight bees wax?

Don't laugh but the toilet seal rings you get at Home Depot, Lowe's etc are beeswax. Are they 100%? Not sure but in a pinch for a little over a dollar they work. That's what my current 50/50 Crisco/Beeswax Minnie Ball lube is.

http://www.agriculture.state.pa.us/agriculture/cwp/view.asp?a=3&q=128082

Phone number in here to call. They can tell you beekeepers in your area.

kbeers said:
Thanks for info Is there a store I might be able to buy just a little to mix a bottle to try it before I buy bulk?

Try a place that sells supplies for sewing leather.

Dan

paulvallandigham said:
My wife was wearing her coyote Trimmed parka, with wolf skin fur mittens in a store, when the cashier said something to her. She jumped all over that lady, and made it very clear that the wolf pelt had been legally trapped many years before in Canada, and that coyote was not only not an endangered species but a common pest and killer of domestic dogs, and cats. She told the woman to shove it! Somewhere under that parka beats the heart of a " Biker Chick!"

:hatsoff:
A tip of the hat to your wife.
I suspect this photo taken of my dad last year would have made the clerk apoplectic.
P1020666.jpg

A friend has a tourist trap near Yellowstone. He was unloading some tanned fur for the store when a gal drove up and started giving them a hard time. My friends partner pointed out that the lady on the attack had leather seats in her SUV. He then asked her if she had on leather shoes, she ran up her window and drove off.

Dan

Love that story and the picture. It looks like folks in the in West are starting to fight back. :thumbsup:
I was talking to a mink rancher in Utah last week The sale of fur is way up for coats Etc. :bow:

I ordered 5 pounds from Stakich which was recommended here and paid $4.50 a pound. I ordered on a Wednesday and had it on Monday.

The people are super nice to deal with.

With the price of gas, I think I will be ordering things to be delivered versus going to get them.

RDE

I think the toilet seal rings have a lot of synthetics in them now or petro dirivitives, they may cause a build up in some situations, they have not had a lot of BW in them for quite a few years so a plumber friend tells me.

That is what I was told about Lowes and Home Depot, there is only one plumbing store where I live in a town of 100,000 that sells toliet bowl rings made of beeswax.

RDE

tg said:
"...toilet seal rings have a lot of synthetics in them now or petro dirivitives, they may cause a build up in some situations, they have not had a lot of BW in them for quite a few years..."
I don't believe there have been for most of my lifetime...aren't enough bees in the world to make the number of toilet seal rings that get used each year :grin:

Huh, a bit of common sense sure goes a long ways when it is pointed out to you.

RDE

As the new kid on the block I made up a batch of Moose Snot using the toilet bowl ring. It set up well and from what I have read on this site, looks ok. Hopefully I will shoot tomorrow if weather is good. Will let you know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back