• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Beretta & Duck Hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rudyc

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Took the Beretta duck hunting in South Dakota last week. Lots of birds provided many shooting opportunities. 1 1/4 oz of #5 Bismuth over 80 grains of 2f.

P9290037.jpg

rudyc

whatcha got there? it's kinda hard to tell from the pic. it looks like a drake green wing teal on the far left.

Mixed bag, Widgeon on the left, Gadwall, Shoveler,Bluewing Teal and a Redhead on the right.

The downside of going out early is that most of the birds are still pretty brown, nowhere near their winter colors.

Rudy: Good on ya, mate! How many shots did it take to collect your bag? I always wonder about missing with Bismuth, as it is so darned expensive a feller might as well be using dollar bills as wads ...

Bill,

I shot 11 times to bag those 5 ducks. Was waiting for gimmee shots of 25 yards or less. Still wiffed on about 50% of the shots.
As for the price of bismuth, it's a pretty small % of the total trip costs.
We traveled to South Dakota from Wisconsin and to tell the truth, the grins I got from my hunting partners was worth the extra cost of the shot.
I bought the bismuth last year for about $16 or $17 a pound which works out to about a $1.40 - $1.50 or so a shot, a small price to pay for sooo much fun. If nothing else, it may make you try a bit harder to make a good shot.

rudyc

Great job, our season opens on the 16th. I will be usin an antique 12ga double.
Dusty

that's a pretty good kill ratio, i've used a whole box of shells and not killed a darn thing.

I wish I still had my Beretta !

Like a dumb ass I sold it 21 years ago... It was a 300 year anv gun that they built. loved shooting it and someday I will get / find another one.

BTW nice job on the ducks.

Back