• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

best made 1858 Remington

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaster4

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Looking to pick one or two of them up. Will get the Kirst Konversions as well. Will use caps for the most part but would like the ability to switch if need be.

Thanks gents.

Drake

Probably the Pedersoli, but it costs three times (or more) as much as a Uberti or Pietta, and I don't think anyone makes conversion cylinders for them (assuming that they're not interchangeable with either of the others).

Your best bet is a Uberti manufactured revolver. The Pietta's are nice as well from what I hear. The conversions are made to fit both of these ;)

My recommendation is the Uberti. The others are fairly close but the one feature of the Uberti over the others is the front sight is dovetailed allowing you to tap in windage if it doesn't quite shoot straight. It also has a minimum of 21st century advertisement on the barrel flats.

I have a Pietta "Shooters model" which has the front sight dovetailed from the factory. It also has the gain twist rifling (or is it progressive?). It uses .457 balls and is super accurate at 25 yards. Right to point of aim. It has Remington markings on top of the barrel and is very expensive if you want to buy one...........I traded mine up. But they are not worth what Dixie wants for one. Overpriced for sure, but I read that they are supposed to be made the exact same size as an original. You can spot these at the range as they have a silver plated trigger guard (not real silver).
If I were going to buy a standard model I'd get the Uberti for its dovetailed sight and tally markings under the barrel................Bob

If you have the money the Hege is the very top of the line Remington at about $1800.00. I have a problem with Hege based past dealings with the NSSA. These currently have to be ordered directly from Germany. Next if it has to be a Remington is the Pedersoli. Chery's has them between 7 and 8 hundred special order. On top of the list is the R&S made by Feinwerkbau which are a little more than the Hege Remington.
US Firearms is suppose to come out with a Remington. There are a lot of people waiting for this one and I am waiting for it too. The last I saw on this one is around $1500.00 when it comes out.

Bruce

This morning I checked Hege's web page and the Maximum Remington is going for between $1200. and $1500. Last night I could not find the English translation button. Depending on which barrel you choose. These have to be ordered directly from Hege in Germany and they only make limited runs of preordered revolvers. I have no idea what shipping costs would be from Germany but I dought if its cheap.

Thanks gent's

I don't mind paying more money for more gun. It seems the nicer models will not accept the cartridge conversion.

Do I really even need that conversion? I figured it was better to have and not need than to need and not have...LOL

Thanks again for all your help...much appreciated

--Drake

Drake said:
Thanks gent's

I don't mind paying more money for more gun. It seems the nicer models will not accept the cartridge conversion.

Do I really even need that conversion? I figured it was better to have and not need than to need and not have...LOL

Thanks again for all your help...much appreciated

--Drake

I have the Kirst with loading gate for my Pieta 1858 Remington, really like it.

My "regular" Pietta is very smooth with a nice finish....got it for a Christmas present. :thumbsup:

I'd go with the Uberti--it's the best value for the money. There is a Remington being made or soon to be made in Connecticut but the price is pretty steep.

Latest posts

Back