• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best mold for 50 cal White Mountain?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elbow

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a TC White Mountain carbine I have always shot sabots in. I would like to cast my own bullets for it and I have plenty of soft lead. The gun has a short barrel and a fast twist. I hunt vermont whitetails with it. Anyone that can help?

My buddy has one of them little mules. He really like the Paper Patched Lee 500 S&W bullets I make. They are super accurate with 80 gr of pyrodex P and an over powder wad. He shot this buck at 120 yards. He hit it in the shoulder and it exited the flank. You can see right next to the ear where the bullet hit. There was no tracking this one. Ron

Bulletpic6_zps892abe61.jpg

Johndeer05-a.jpg

The Lyman black powder manual has some good data for 50 cals with 1:24 and 1:32 twist using:

Lyman Maxi (mold 504617) 370 grains
Lyman Plains (mold 508656) 395 grains

A little heavy for my tastes but you might be able to find someone that could throw a few your way to try before you invest in a mold.

Back