• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Kentucky

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrizzLeeBear

32 Cal
Reaction score
I just won one of these on GunBroker in .45 cal. It will be a week or two before I receive it, but I thought I would jump on here and see if I could get some feedback on it from any of you here who have one. What loads it likes, any quirks or issues, etc. The one thing that seems a little odd about the rifle is the pics show it to have brass front and rear sights. All of the pics I can find online show them to have blued sights. Did some of these come from the factory with brass sights or would these be aftermarket?

I am new to the forum, but not new to muzzleloaders. I started shooting them this summer again with a group at a local club after a 15 year break. Got distracted with life, other shooting events (Bullseye pistol, Handgun silhouettes, High Power rifle). But I have gotten away from those events and decided to get back to the smoke poles.

I have an older one with brass sights. Made in 1972. You can look up the year of manufacturing by the SN. Mine is pretty accurate with .445 balls and .018 patches. 60-70 grains of 3F. I found an ad on the internet that stated the bore was .453 which if memory serves is 11.5 mm. This is the reason I went with the .445 balls. Another thing worth mentioning is the older guns might not have a patent breech. Congratulations on your new to you rifle!!

Attachments

• IMG_20241003_120701.jpg
    IMG_20241003_120701.jpg
    239.9 KB
Back