• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best place to order a T/C Renegade?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevekl

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been looking around the internet for somewhere to order a (new) T/C Renegade, as none of my local stores have one. However, I can't find that many sources. I've only found one site (dixiegunworks) that I consider a large, well-known (to me, atleast) site, and a few smaller retailers. I don't have a problem with dixiegunworks but i'd like to shop around on some more sites and maybe find the best price.

So if you were me, where would you buy from?

Ed Cain, Cains Outdoor, West VA is a pretty big TC and GM operation...bought several things through him, excellent customer service attitude, etc...I've referred a number of people to him and they've been satisfied...so that's one you could try.
[url] www.cainsoutdoor.com[/url]

PLUS...I noticed there's a like new .54cal Renegade right up in the classifieds on this Forum, with a case and a lot of supplies...you might take a look at that...and remember, TC has a real lifetime warranty without regard to being the original owner or anything, it's on the product.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought/built an unfired T/C Hawken with a 32" unfired Sharon round ball barrel with parts that I got off eBay. It was quite a bit cheaper than a new one and a lot of fun.

I bought mine from Fox Ridge Outfitters.That's TC's custom shop,I think.You can choose your caliber and rifling type for bullets or balls.

http://www.foxridgeoutfitters.com/section.cfm?section=16

Fox Ridge Outfitters carry all the Thompson Center line. Actually if I were ordering a new one, I would get a .58 caliber.

If you want to save some money, then check the auction sites. You can get some new in the box or in excellent condition for under $200.00

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one a year ago in .58 caliber from Fox Ridge outfitters. Mine was $330 dollars for the flintlock. The Fox Ridge version is the old style renegade that you can't get from T/C sny more. The only difference I can see from what I remember is that the newer Renegade (from Fox Ridge) has a rubber recoil pad.

Oh, I got that price by ordering it through a local dealer not the website.

WOW.. that's a heck of a price. I don't need another one, but for that price I'd sure be tempted. Although the next will be a Hawkins instead of the Renegade.

I agree, at the time I didn't need one either. :haha: But I convinced myself that the price was too good to pass up, and since I didn't have a single gun in .58 caliber, I was woefully lacking in versatility.

I've been looking around the internet for somewhere to order a (new) T/C Renegade, as none of my local stores have one.

Steve,
Any authorized T/C dealer should be able to get the gun for you and save you a bit on the shipping as well.

flash_in_the_pan said:
Steve,
Any authorized T/C dealer should be able to get the gun for you and save you a bit on the shipping as well.

FYI...if you order through a dealer, and want a 1:66" slow twist round ball barrel, tell them to specify that at the time of the order...only costs an extra $10.

Back