• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best sights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf172

40 Cal
Reaction score
Like many others I have poor eye sight. I need 1 pair of glasses to read with and another pair for driving. I'm going to be starting a Traditions Kentucky build and I'm looking for the best possible front and rear sights that would still be traditional.

Probably post and notch. I shoot with a set of 1x readers. It brings the front post into sharp relief and works pretty good for me.

I agree with dave951. All mine have a blade front and a notched rear. As the eyes have gotten dimmer I opened up the rear notches for more light on either side of the front.

I agree with dave951. All mine have a blade front and a notched rear. As the eyes have gotten dimmer I opened up the rear notches for more light on either side of the front.
Me too. And I do better with a rear that is flat on top rather than a semi-buckhorn.

Like this one.

1638907524567.png

I have a Lyman GPR. I replaced the front blade with a much narrower blade from TOTW, and this greatly improved my accuracy. I did not replace the rear buckhorn sight. It was a polished nickel blade with a brass base that was sold as a direct replacement for my GPR.

Back