• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best value in .36 cal rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yakmeat

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I've been shooting my TC .54 on and off since I built it in '88 or so. Lately I've been shooting BP more and more, and have been considering a smallbore. I've heard the .36 is accurate and inexpensive when using 000 buck. I shoot targets informally, and plink for the most part. I've seen the Traditions guns, and the Pedersoli/Cabelas Fronter, and the now unavailable Deer Creek underhammer kits. Are there there any other rifles out there in the $400 range that I'm missing? I don't necessarily want to get a kit, and I don't want a GM .36 barrel for my TC.
Thanks for your help!

Matt,
Another option you mite want to consider
is the purchse of a .36 cal barrel. Green Mountain
offers interchageable barrels. They call it their
IBS system. I did this with my Investarms Hawken
in both .45 and .36. If you consider this be sure
and give them the correct length of the under
barrel rib. I learned the hard way. You can get these for around $200. Contact them at[url] www.gmriflebarrel.com[/url] or phone at 603-447-1095.
good luck in whatever you
choose to do.
snake-eyes :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt
I have a .36 Blue Ridge (flint)from Cabela's ,and like it real well . Have had it for about 8 yrs. and no problem so far . Shoots real good to .Cheap to shot .
Slenk :thumbsup:

I have a Traditions Shenandoah in .36 Perc. Price was around $325 and I think it's a darned good looking gun with brass fitings and patchbox---double set triggers, etc. A good shooter and easy to load and fire. Yes, I would have rather had it in Flint, only they didn't make it in flint. I had October Country get one for me, back last Spring :hatsoff:

Try this site:underhammers
http://muzzleloader.biz/muzzleloaderkits.htm

Bruce is a good guy to deal with

Latest posts

Back