• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Better off buying a gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westrayer

40 Cal
Reaction score
I have not had any luck finding a Deerstalker in .50 flinock. I started looking at a barrel and lock to just use on my Caprock version. Prices for parts are more expensive than the whole gun. I guess the market for these is tight.

Have you placed a 'wanted" post on this forum? Something should come up even if not immediately. I have a LH Deerstalker flint but it's in my permanent collection. Hope you find one.

I built a TC Renegade from random parts, I had to buy a few things like an under-rib and screws at scalper prices off eBay. I picked up a NOS barrel in the white for $65 which got me started but after buying an L&R lock and all of the other needed parts, I had $425 in the finished gun.

I have not had any luck finding a Deerstalker in .50 flinock. I started looking at a barrel and lock to just use on my Caprock version. Prices for parts are more expensive than the whole gun. I guess the market for these is tight.
Check out Investarms website. They still make the models they made for Lyman and sell them under their own models and label. From there you may be able to find one. Unless not saying Lyman is a deal breaker that is.

@westrayer Here ya go. In stock and on sale.
https://muzzle-loaders.com/collecti...estarm-deer-stalker-flintlock-ignition-ia5210

They also have kits in stock but for a 60 dollar difference I'd buy a finished one and not look back.

Last edited:
Back