• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Better off buying a gun?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westrayer

40 Cal
Reaction score
I have not had any luck finding a Deerstalker in .50 flinock. I started looking at a barrel and lock to just use on my Caprock version. Prices for parts are more expensive than the whole gun. I guess the market for these is tight.

Have you placed a 'wanted" post on this forum? Something should come up even if not immediately. I have a LH Deerstalker flint but it's in my permanent collection. Hope you find one.

I built a TC Renegade from random parts, I had to buy a few things like an under-rib and screws at scalper prices off eBay. I picked up a NOS barrel in the white for $65 which got me started but after buying an L&R lock and all of the other needed parts, I had $425 in the finished gun.

Back