• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Birthday Present

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kruzer1

40 Cal.
Reaction score
So in my state (South Dakota) it is very hard to get a muzzleloader tag that you can use on a buck. In fact they only give 1000 for the whole state and over 12,000 apply - mostly because of the influx of the modern inline muzzleloader.

Pretty much used to getting emails from them about this time of year with the usual rejection letter. Well today is my birthday and the game fish and parks gave me a nice present- for the second time in 10 years I have drawn a muzzleoader buck tag :thumbsup: Thanks- SD GFP.... Now it is time to really start practicing :)

Can be used for Mule deer or White Tail - statewide. I talked to a good friend last night- he thinks he can get me on some really excellent Badlands terrain that have monster Mule Deer. He works cattle for the owners and they seem ok to let me go out. Even if I don't his place has produced some monster deer. It should be fun :)

Back