• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trade gun for grizzlies

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we need to consider the fact that 24/7/365 wild critters are faced with staying alive in conditions that would eventually kill most of us. anywhere there are multiple predators, the predators are tough and hard to disable let alone kill. At the same time the prey species toughen up from the pressure.
people like to think they are apex predators. there are tougher critters by far than us, even when we arm ourselves with the latest tyrannosaurus popper.
I have a young friend that was out hunting. had his dog with him. dog was 40 yards ahead and suddenly charged back past said buddy and tackled a mountain lion that was less than 6 feet behind. buddy had no idea he was being stalked. the odds in the game of us vs wildlife on their turf are on their side.
I have been in the woods hunting since I was 5. I completely agree with your post. In Northern VT there are black bear, mountain lions, a few wolves, and don't overlook cyoties
we need to consider the fact that 24/7/365 wild critters are faced with staying alive in conditions that would eventually kill most of us. anywhere there are multiple predators, the predators are tough and hard to disable let alone kill. At the same time the prey species toughen up from the pressure.
people like to think they are apex predators. there are tougher critters by far than us, even when we arm ourselves with the latest tyrannosaurus popper.
I have a young friend that was out hunting. had his dog with him. dog was 40 yards ahead and suddenly charged back past said buddy and tackled a mountain lion that was less than 6 feet behind. buddy had no idea he was being stalked. the odds in the game of us vs wildlife on their turf are on their side.

Back