• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black powder in New Jersey?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I was in Dixon's I kicked myself for paying the $48 per lbs. I don't know what their recent asking is. Order from Back Creek in Winchester, VA.
I always liked to go to Dixions for just about everything this is when Chuck was still with us but I have needed things in the last year that I just couldn’t wait if I ordered them on line so off to Dixions I go and to make a long story short I thought I brought enough cash with me no good I had to put everything on a card, Needless to say No More Dixions for this Guy and I don’t care how bad I need it there is no reason to get beat up on prices that bad I was dazed and confused upon leaving ya know what I mean.😵‍💫

I always liked to go to Dixions for just about everything this is when Chuck was still with us No More Dixions for this Guy and I don’t care how bad I need it there is no reason to get beat up on prices that bad I was dazed and confused upon leaving ya know what I mean.😵‍💫
I was just there myself following the gunmakers fair.
The sticker shock was pretty rough, all I ended up buying were a few used triggers out of a clearance box

I’m happy to pay what Dixon’s is asking. I’d like to keep them around.

Lots of folks say they want to support their local retailers, but order online to save a couple bucks, and then wonder why there aren’t any local shops anymore.

YMMV.

I’m happy to pay what Dixon’s is asking. I’d like to keep them around.

Lots of folks say they want to support their local retailers, but order online to save a couple bucks, and then wonder why there aren’t any local shops anymore.

YMMV.
I’m always amazed, then shocked and appalled that any Americans would live, breathe, work, own a home/car, and pay taxes to a communist state such as NJ, NY, Kali, etc. and yes, I do understand circumstance, work, family, etc. however, at what price freedom? What price individual rights? You need to pack up, move, just walk away. I’ve done it twice, it’s not hard and more than likely, you’ll be infinitely better off. Good luck to you.

I’m always amazed, then shocked and appalled that any Americans would live, breathe, work, own a home/car, and pay taxes to a communist state such as NJ, NY, Kali, etc. and yes, I do understand circumstance, work, family, etc. however, at what price freedom? What price individual rights? You need to pack up, move, just walk away. I’ve done it twice, it’s not hard and more than likely, you’ll be infinitely better off. Good luck to you.
Not sure this is relevant to this thread in any way, but it is on-brand for this forum I suppose. Thanks so much for your unsolicited State-residency advice. I’ll be sure to take it under advisement.

I've heard from a couple shooters at a local club that Cameron's Ace hardware in Oxford PA has schuetzen. Id call them first before making the trip, as my info was last Fall. Maybe not any closer than Dixon's, but the past couple times I stopped at Dixon's the prices seemed a little high to me.
Cameron's is my go to. Great hardware store with polite, knowledgeable help.

Last edited:
Back