• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Blackening

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It washes right off with lacquer thinner or acetone, and is certainly easier to clean up than inletting black. For that matter, I always used those same solvents to clean up the black, since it has an oil base, as does lip stick. Using the oil, I didn't end up looking like a black face minstrel by the end of the day.
I used inletting black and your right.....it gets everywhere no matter how careful I get. I've also used sharpies which I like better than inlet black, but my favorite is just candle soot.

Back