• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bob roller lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I saw an offer for a Durs Egg lock modified by Bob Roller. The outside parts are the original L&R parts, the inside parts are replaced which includes a forged mainspring.

Has anybody used such a lock, or generally a lock from Bob Roller? What is your opinion about the tuned internals?

I've probably built 3 or 4 guns around roller locks. They are top notch hand made locks

From what I have always heard, they are top notch locks.

Ain't it a shame that L&R didn't take the hint ? :applause:

I understand that his locks enjoy a good reputation, but are quite expensive. I think that he is now building his own locks now rather than rebuilding others.

CS

Built a caplock rifle in 1974 with a Bob Roller lock and double set triggers. Several thousand round balls later it is still performs flawlessly.
Excellent quality.

Thanks for the opinions, is there a way to get in contact with him directly? 354$ seems quite a lot for just modified internals, the lock may be a bit cheaper if I can get it directly from him.

roller_durs_egg_innen.jpg

I have no idea how old Bob Roller is by now. Most all of the locks I used of his were dated in the early seventies.

Let me know if it is current so I know whether to keep giving it out.

I am also curious about current pricing as I may purchase one just to have it.

Thanks,
CS

bob is still building locks i purchased 2 from him last year. i have three of them that were built in the early 70's late 60's still shooting. i'm not at home right now but i have his no.@the house. they are exc. quality locks.

Latest posts

Back