• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

bobcat breech plug

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a cva bobcat at an auction for junk price. Got home and discovered why, the barrel had a good deal of rust in it. In my rush to clean it good I put rust solvent down the barrel for a few days and then tried to unscrew the breech plug. I now have a two piece breech plug.

I'm going to drill it out and do something with it, but no direct replacement plugs are available. Anybody know the size and thread count for the .50 cal.? Guess I'll find something that will fit and build a simple walnut stock around it.

I would guess it is metric, since the breech plug is already out I would have it re-threaded for a standard thread, you may need to stub the breech end an .75-1in. It won't hurt anything, I did it with an older CVA Mtn Rifle barrel and it is a shooter.

Back