• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Boise ID. I just arove!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skierman0

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi, I just found the forum. I live in Boise, Idaho. I just built a Lyman Great Plains rifle. It was a year-long process.........Yeah, don't ask unless you really want a laugh. I love this rifle, I just wish I had had this forum while I was building. Anyway, nice to meet you all.

Welcome aboard skierman! I had a .50 cal GPR back in the day (barrel shot out, as usual... :rotf: ) and being a recreational builder can easily understand it taking a year to put one together.

I've only scratched the surface of the knowledge that's available here.

Hello, good to meet you. Now that you have gotten your feet wet, you can apply the knowledge learned to make a better rifle next time, and the next, and .... Emery

Welcome from a fellow Boisean. I also have a .54 Lyman GPR. It is so accurate! I love it.

Don't forget to squirt WD 40 in the hairline gap between the barrel and ramrod lug (rail) because it is not soldered and it draws water.

Check out the Ee Da How Longrifles club and the Blacks Creek Range.

Get ready for spring bear!

Skierman,
Welcome to the MLF,great to have
you with us. Hope you will visit and
contribute often.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Back