• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brass Barrel maker?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douglas34474

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Greeting all. New member here, Doug out of Ocala, Florida.

Years ago I lived in Conn. and used to go to the Pow Wows along the Conn. River.

One year there was a vender that had a swamped, brass BP barrel. I have looked all over the net and can find no one listing these things.

Anyone have an idea as to who may have made it or were I can find one today?

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the friendliest, most helpful BP board on the net. Stonewall Creek Outfitters lists Rayl swamped pistol barrels in brass as well as octagon to round pistol barrels. I would imagine that Rayl could make rifle barrels in brass too by special order.

Now that I see the name Getz, that name does seems to ring a bell.

I have been thinking of an under hammer for my grandson, and looking at the prices I may just try to build one. I do lost wax casting so the receiver wound not be that hard to produce. The barrel would be the hardest part for me; I think. :winking:

Thanks for the reply and the welcome. I did a lot of reading before I posted, this does seem like a very good forum.

Doug

Great place to pull up a chair too. Welcome from Milton, Fl., or as the state referes to us LA (Lower Alabma). :rotf: :rotf: Hey, I just call it God's Country and home!
Welcome :grin:

douglas,

Just a quick question.... why do you want a brass barrel, as opposed to steel??
:redface:

Iabsolutely cannot remember who made it, but I saw a brass barrelled rifle at gunmakers Hall at Friendship a couple years ago. It looked magnificent to my eye. It would of course add some additional cleaning after shooting.

The brass just looks really good.

It was a swamped barrel and just struck a chord, what can I say?

Found a number for Mr. Rahl and spoke with him last night. He can do a brass barrel, but the cost is $100 more than steel. He can do me a custom barrel in steel for about what I can find off the shelf ones for.

I've been running through my head building an under barrel rifle for years. Keep getting closer to doing it. Seeing the prices on the ones I find on the net I may have found my ultimate hobby. If I cam make and sell 'em that would be sweet.

Would not have to worry about brass rusting up. :)

Some friends of our lived in Deston for a while. There is some pretty country in that area.

We found some land about half way between Ocala and Gainesville, out in the woods and love it. I have game management area on three sides of me. The critters can't see the property line so I get to hunt my own land. :) Shoot off the front porch and have about a 300 yard range down the power line easement to shoot longer shots. The only public range in this area is only 100 yards.

Gentlemen, please use the Private Topics method of sending private messages.
You will find it by clicking on the name in the left hand column. That takes you to his/her "home". In the middle of the upper area of the page is a "Start Private Topic" button. Click it and write away. :)

This will help keep the posts on the subject so that people looking at it 4 years from now can get the information about the subject without the personal messages.

zonie :)

Back