• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

brass cracking on me

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed in the pic of the cracked TG that the width edge was flat yielding a sharp corner....a nick in that sharp corner could cause a stress point and a crack could originate from the nick. A radius would eliminate this......Fred

Could be that would help..that guard is the one I got to replace the one I broke actually trying to shape. I didn't put enough pressure on the one in picture to break a kitchen match.
I just placed it on the stock to see how much I was going to have to bend it and after I placed the front tab into the inlet and the rear tab over the rear inlet I noticed it was cracked. I was actually just taking a look to decide if I was going attempt to bend it to fit just in case the one coming from Goering won't work with the inlets. There's a good chance now I'm going to have to get another trigger or longer trigger bar..or cut the tabs off the Goering and silver solder to fit inlets and I can't silver solder.
Oh Well..at least everything is going along normaly.

Back