• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brass Furniture for a Fordney?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimCornick

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am looking for a resource for Fordney brass furniture. Specifically for the Melchoir Fordney pictured in "Flintlock Fowlers, the first guns made in America" on pages 226 and 227. I need the butt plate, trigger guard, thimbles and entry pipe and lock sideplate. I know that Knob Mountain has the parts for a rifle, but I will be building a fowler.

Mike
I talked to Reeves last year at Dixon's and he said his son was setting up a website. I have not been able to find it. Do you have the web address??

Yup, check with Reeves Goehring. He had the New England style furniture I needed for two projects. I'd be surprised if he couldn't help ya for what you want. :thumbsup:

HE does, but his son is going to take over, adn wants to get a web page going-at least that's what Reaves said. Have you got his phone #? If you do, would you share?

Found a phone number for Reeves and ordered a butt plate from him. He had the butt plate for a Fordney fowler but not a trigger guard. His phone 717-684-2022

Maybe someone will have a trigger guard that is close that you can modify. TOW? MBS?
Thanks for the phone #.

Actually, the trigger guard is similar to a small acorn bow type, with one different aspect. The rear of the trigger guard looks like it is welded/soldered to the bow at almost the middle of the bow. I think I can get a small acorn guard and file in the ridge so it looks like it is joined there. Thanks for the help.

Back