• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brass Pedersoli barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bert

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I just picked up a brass Pedersoli barrel and partly inleted stock at the N-SSA nationals. It is about .44 cal and rifled. Does anyone have experiance with this barrel? It is a good looking octagonal flint barrel and now I just need to find the other parts.

Bert said:
I just picked up a brass Pedersoli barrel and partly inleted stock at the N-SSA nationals. It is about .44 cal and rifled. Does anyone have experiance with this barrel? It is a good looking octagonal flint barrel and now I just need to find the other parts.

I was at the N-SSA nationals also and I may have been looking at those at the same time as you! There was a fellow there that was wanting to know if they were smoothbore or rifled. Unfortunately my home-made yellow LED drop-in light was too large to "drop in", but it put enough light at the muzzle to see the grooves.

It ended up that I didn't buy one as I had already spent "my allowance" for that skirmish. I am still curious to know if they are brass with a rifled steel liner or what... I've never seen them until that day-- (Thursday Oct. 6th, 2005--and may never see them again. Maybe I should've bought one or two of them...?

Did you notice those single shot .36 caliber smoothbore pistols that were there that looked like an oversized Classic Arms New Orleans Ace? They had some really chintzy gold plating on the gun and didn't have a half-cock on the hammer. I can't remember the price, but I do recall it was too high for such a simple piece of machining work.

As far as getting other parts goes... Unless you can find a more or less complete Kentucky flint pistol in some state of disrepair--you're going to have to pay too much to buy new parts, or even good replacement parts to build the pistol. If you happen to have a couple of old pistols on hand, that would make the process much easier.

Sorry, but I dont' keep stuff like that around much anymore. I get quickly notified from the wife that there's too much of "that junk" lying around. It's usually stuff that I'll never use, so she's half-right, I guess. If I come across any parts for you, I'll send you a message. I only live about an hour from Ft. Shenandoah up here in WV, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to get the stuff to you.

Regards, and Shoot Safely!
WV_Hillbilly

Hi..The brass barrel are not lined but they are rifled. They seemed to have been fired, maybe proofed, but not cleaned. The barrel cleaned out easily and is in good shape. If you run across any parts of any condition, let me know. My sister has a place at Capon Bridge and we go up there from time to time. I had a great time at the shoot. I found that we could do lots of shooting in the rain. I only needed the air tank one time. What unit are you in? Bert

Back