• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler SMR trigger issues

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertIN

West Harrison, Indiana
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, first time putting together a rifle with set triggers and I'm pretty sure I made a mistake.

I'm a little under the weather and wasn't paying attention last night and started filing on the front trigger bar thinking it would give me the play I needed so it wasn't resting on the sear (I've ordered another one).

Now, the front trigger does not trip sear at all without being set, but is still in contact while it is set, and will sometimes get stuck to the rear.

I'm unfamiliar with the double set assemblies, not sure if there are little tips and rules for setting them them up or not. Don't know if the mainspring is tightened down too much, I just took too much off the bar, or filed the wrong bar entirely... Not good! Can't wait to get rid of this blasted brain fog so I can think properly for troubleshooting.

Hello, first time putting together a rifle with set triggers and I'm pretty sure I made a mistake.

I'm a little under the weather and wasn't paying attention last night and started filing on the front trigger bar thinking it would give me the play I needed so it wasn't resting on the sear (I've ordered another one).

Now, the front trigger does not trip sear at all without being set, but is still in contact while it is set, and will sometimes get stuck to the rear.

I'm unfamiliar with the double set assemblies, not sure if there are little tips and rules for setting them them up or not. Don't know if the mainspring is tightened down too much, I just took too much off the bar, or filed the wrong bar entirely... Not good! Can't wait to get rid of this blasted brain fog so I can think properly for troubleshooting.
Might send a PM to Gum Slough Muzzleloader. Fred's a wizard. Good luck with it.

Perhaps the adjustment screw just needs screwed in? Learning more about the mechanism just hoping Ill be able to figure it out. I need to shave the rear trigger bar down a little, but don't know if removing material from the front trigger bar screwed that up or if it just needs adjustment via the screw. Wish I was home tinkering.
1000010860.jpg

Last edited:
“Can't wait to get rid of this blasted brain fog so I can think properly for troubleshooting.”

There’s the problem, wait till you understand what you’re doing before doing anything more.
Patience right the end of a project has never been my strong suit, but you're right.

Last edited:
Back