• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Brown Bess Bird

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snagg

45 Cal.
Reaction score
My son got this bird this morning about 8:45. It was a jake. Not his first turkey, but it is his first one with a m/l.

familypics031-1.jpg

familypics030.jpg

I'M defintly hooked! I managed to get a doe last deer season with my dad's .50 T/C. that was enough to get me hooked. so I had to try that brown bess 12ga. I bought for turkey,now that's hunt'n! just started this sport. you guys have been alot of help. 75gr.2f,overpowder card,wad cushion,1.25oz.#6,os card. any help with different load combos would be great. That was the best load my dad &I came up with. (post it note cup) that pattern opens up quick! thanks!

Congrats on the bird! How far a shot? Those are weird clothes you're wearing, though. :haha:

about 15yds. pretty darn close! I'm just a poor working guy. gotta wear those old hand me downs, so I can't be picky.lol

PATrapper,
Awsome job man!Nice turkey and really nice bess....you should be proud!I just wish we had turkeys here.Have you eat him yet?How did ya cook it? :hatsoff:

turkey noodle soup out of the thighs,legs,&back. the breast gets cut up & marinated over night in itailan dressing & grilled over a hardwood fire. great smokey flaver over the fire.

Mmmmm sounds tasty.
When you eat what you kill you are really gettin the best out of the hunt.My opinion. :v

I can personnally attest to how good it was. He brought mom and dad over some pieces of the breast, and it was the best wild turkey I had in a long long time. Good son there. :grin:

Latest posts

Back