• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Browning - oilin' afterword

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RB,

Good deal, on the wedges. I've got to admitt I've been lean'n on ya as a crutch pretty good. And I've been have'n a hell of a good time building this here riflegun.

The wedges look the same length to me but the book says the rear should be longer. The rear fits right straight in, and the front tries to creep up just a bit which makes it hard to sneak in so it's lined up. I'll jigger with thet pin a bit and see if I cain't get that 1/132 of an inch straight'ned out.

The finish is pretty much done after 3 coats. I took her near back down to wood on the first one, and pretty close on the second. I'll wet sand tonight, and hit it again with a third coat, due a forth on Friday and consider doin' another on Saturday. On Sunday I'll be out see'n if I can poke holes in paper. :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::
Spot

And does it matter then I got a bit of brown'n inside the barrel or should I steel wool that off?

If the inside of the barrel has a little brown in it, it will wear off after a few shots, no need to concern yourself over that....

Look at production revolvers, they dip the barrels in blueing when the finish the firearm, yet after a few shots, the barrels are bright and shiny...

Latest posts

Back