• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buccaneer fusil question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ Deery

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows what the specifications are on a half buccaneer fusil? What I am looking for is barrel length, caliber, overall length of the musket etc.

Any information would be appreciated

Thank you

Bouchards book has some info on these, I no longer have the book but many were 5'long barrels or more as I recall and typicaly in the .69 French military bore, the stock shape was the big indentifying feature, lock peobably as big as 7" long, just a couple of things from memory Okwaho or Alex probably has more on these

The regular buck-an-ear had a barrel measuring 57". The Demi buck-an-ear was shorter, 47" or 51". As TG said, The locks were 7"or larger and were not bridaled inside or out. There is a new book out on French trade guns. TOTW carries it. The information you seek is there.

Back