• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bucks County pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaino

Cannon
Reaction score
Just completed- .54 cal., 44" Rice bbl, Siler Deluxe lock, engraving by Tim Adlam. Comments welcome.....Fred
CheekOA.jpg
[/img]
CheekSide.jpg
[/img]
CheekCarvingW.jpg
[/img]
IMG_0201.jpg
[/img]
IMG_0200.jpg
[/img]
EntryPipeSide.jpg
[/img]
EntryPipeBot.jpg
[/img]

Thank-you for sharing the pictures ! Your Rifle is truly exquisite!
It's without a doubt a true work of skilled craftsmanship .. :hatsoff:

Iffin yer lookin fer a pat on the back,:shocked2:
drool.gif
:applause: you're darn sure getting one from me!!! Stunning....
Keep us posted on how she shoots. :hatsoff:
sniper

Flwhto,
Man what a great rifle.Great carving and engraving.I'm in the middle of building one of these. Where did you get the buttplate and trigger guard,Reeves?
George

Thanks to all for the compliments in spite of the dark photos. The TG is from Reeves Goehring and the BP is from Hedgecock. At the time Reeves didn't have any Bucks County BPs. Will be shooting it shortly.....Fred

Is the stock a precarve or from a plank? What type of finish did you use?
Thank you,
Billk :thumbsup:

It's built from a blank. Used Klein's orange tinter and LMF Lancaster brown. The color is lighter than in the photos and the curl is more evident. Applied 2 coats of soak-in LMF Sealer w/ a wipe and complete drying after each coat and then applied 3 very thin coats of Wahkon Bay Trucoat, allowing sufficient drying time between coats. This yields a gloss free finish. Mike....why not introduce a Schuler style Bucks County as a kit seeing they're getting popular? I'd buy one....Fred

Hard to add to what has been said, it is a beauty, how much does it weigh?

It's a little over 8 lbs...."C" weight 44" bbl but the .54 cal. lightens it up nicely. Again thanks to all for the comments....Fred

Gorgeous. It has a great flow to it and the details are well executed. I especially like the wood color and finish.

hope you don't mind that i printed out the photos to hang in my shop. the pin- up girls are comming down, your rifle is going up.

Back