• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buckshot in a .31 pocket?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, one of the "buckshot" sizes is .319 caliber. (I've got a brass bag mold for that size.) Those little Remington pocket revolvers take .321 round balls, but wouldn't a .319 ring enough to use in that pea-shooter? I know I should (and will) take a mic to the actual chambers, but I am curious how .002 of an inch could make a difference in a cap & ball revolver.

In my other experiences, I do like .454 better than .451 for my Colt, I admit. Can't really say why, though.

I'll look forward to being educated.

The only way to know for sure is to try it. I know that switching from .451 to .454 made a huge difference in accuracy in my Uberti 1858. A couple thousandths can make or break accuracy and it really depends on the individual gun.

Thanks, everyone, for your responses. I've got a pouch full of .321's I got when I bought the thing, but I'll definitely cast up some .319's (half the fun anyway, I think) and try them too. Good to read that some else has used that size, and that they work.

Thanks again!

Back