• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Build a Cherry stock Bucks County

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince N

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Ok!, guys would it be a mortal sin to build a Verner/Bucks county style rifle stocked in cherry? Why?!,'cause I have a piece of cherry and recently handled a Bucks county rifle and was impressed!

I think God would eventually forgive you.

cherry23s.jpg

But then, I'm biased. ::

Ok!, guys would it be a mortal sin to build a Verner/Bucks county style rifle stocked in cherry? Why?!,'cause I have a piece of cherry and recently handled a Bucks county rifle and was impressed!

Folks should build what excites them, cause building is a labor of love.

what a beautiful piece of wood.
I have a nice piece of cherry in my basement curing as I write.
And I have a number of nice cherry trees surounding my house. They are not going to be firewood, if they are sound inside.
"live free or die"
There is a nice statue of the General in Stark NH
The good people of NH started the war by attacking Fort william and Mary on the coast and used the brits own powder and ball at Breeds hill.

The whole area I live in is full of nice cherry.
They are building a couple of houses just down the road, the loggers came and those wonderful cherrys are now
"FIREWOOD"
I was so mad. I offered to buy a couple of 6' pieces if I could see there weren't heart rotten.
yea right

Back