• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Burl Noggin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pc.knife

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I invented that will do the Noggin - a wooden cup.
Will be made from one piece of burl wood. Inspired by the shape of a turtle ...

Below are some photos from various stages of work:

noggin.1.jpg

noggin.2.jpg

noggin.3.jpg

noggin.4.jpg

noggin.5.jpg

noggin.7.jpg

noggin.8.jpg

noggin.9.jpg

noggin.10.jpg

noggin.11.jpg

noggin.12.jpg

noggin.13.jpg

noggin.14.jpg

noggin.15.jpg

noggin.16.jpg

noggin.17.jpg

noggin.18.jpg

noggin.19.jpg

noggin.20.jpg

noggin.21.jpg

noggin.22.jpg

noggin.23.jpg

Now that is cool. It's exactly the right volume required for a reasonable shot of fire water to keep the gizzard well lubricated. :grin:

I see burl like that and think it just has to be stained...but can you do that for a drinking cup, pc? :hmm:

Glenfilthie said:
Now that is cool. It's exactly the right volume required for a reasonable shot of fire water to keep the gizzard well lubricated. :grin:

I see burl like that and think it just has to be stained...but can you do that for a drinking cup, pc? :hmm:

Can be colored, coffee, tea, or shells of the onion.
Noggin is a dyed in the broth with onion shells...

beautiful work n I really like how the photos took ya through the process of roughing out to the finished product.I want to do the same thing sometime just have to finish 1000 other projects first LOL. YMHS Birdman,,what will ya use as the final finish on it, maybe wax?

Realy nice piece of work!
Apreciate the photos as you went. Very interesting.
Tahnks.

Dan

Back