• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buying bulk black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd skip the 4F and split the load between 2F and 3F. Heavy on the 3F for .50 cal and under, and light on the 2F for .54 cal and up (depending what you and your group mostly shoot).

I used to prime with 4F, but 3F works for prime and main. Recently thought of trying this with 2F... have to test this theory out.

Just an opinion...

Legion

roundball said:
Didn't think loose bulk could be 'ordered & shipped'...thought it had to be "picked up" if it didn't have the protection of the metal cans :shocked2:

Yup Roundball, you got it. When I lived in Vermont we would pick up bulk BP for our reenactment unit from a place that supplied BP to the local quarries. We would get it in two 25 lb. plastic bags, and then put it into empty 1-lb. cans to supply it to the rest of the members of the group.

We had no problem picking it up because it was only about 6 miles from my place and 25 miles from our quartermaster's place.

Twisted_1in66 :thumbsup:

Back