• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cabelas blue ridge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainiac

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone on here has this model gun? Was looking at them, in .32 and .36 caliber. Am tempted to buy one,but want to know how they shoot? Any problems with them? Are they easy to clean barrells? Was looking at them at cabelas the other day, and they sure do feel nice, with that long barrell. If this gun was made in the USA, id have bought it right now, but am leary of Italian guns.

I have had three of them, and liked them well enough. Mine were .54 caliber, though. They aren't PC at all, but they are fun to shoot. Try a carbine if you can find one.

I have a .36 caliber and it shoots great. No problems with it. I recently converted it to flintlock.

I bought a Blue Ridge .32 several years ago and found it quite good for plinking, and of course, squirrels. After about a year, I bought the .36 cal barrel, and again find it a real joy to shoot. (it takes about 10 min. to change the barrels) The .32 is great for small varmits, and the .36 really takes care of ground hogs. Both barrels shot a little low, and had to file the front sights down a bit.

As to cleaning, only problem I had was getting into the patten breech, which is smaller diameter than the barrel. But a cleaning patch wrapped around a .22 cal bronze brush works just fine.

I think you would be happy with either the .32 or the .36.

Tom

:v I wouldn' be the slightest bit leary about most Italian made guns or Spanish for that matter. In order to be an import into the USA they have to answer to a slightly higher standard (?) than elsewhere. That's why their barrels have profuse warning stamped right where everyone can see them (ugly). The .32 Crockett which is a much savored gun here in the states is a Traditions and it has the same breech issues as the Pedersoli. It must be the size of the bore that causes this---however the use of a .22 bristle brush with a patch around it is the solution to that problem for cleaning. While I don't currently own a Pedersoli rifle, except pistols, I wouldn't hesitate buying one. The only other solution is to either build one yourself or have a good gun builder make you one. :hmm:

I bought one in 36cal about 2 months ago from cabelas and I've been having a ball with it. I like the 36 over the 32 cause you can shoot ether one with it , you load the 36 with the right size patch or you load the 32 caliber ball with a thicker patch. I also load mine with 000 buck shot , you just need to use the right patch it's a very versital gun .

Back