• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cabelas hawken,is rear sight dovetailed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murph

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Is the cabelas traditional hawken rear sight dovetailed.It comes with an ajustible rear sight,thinking of buying one and putting on a fixed sight.
Thanks,murf

Murf,
If made by Investarms I believe the
back site is dovetail.But listen to those more
informed than myself.
snake-eyes:hmm:

No, unfortunately it is not dovetailed. It is held on by two screws.

Mine is screwed on. It's the only thing on the rifle I dislike. Received it as a gift so can't complain. Will proably change it down the road. I really like the rifle though. Mac.

Thank you for the help fella's.I was affraid the cabelas hawken was not dovetailed.That's too bad.I think every lyman other than the cabelas lyman is dovetailed.I could buy the rifle and have a gunsmith dove it with out much problem.I'm also thinking of buying a lyman trade rifle in flint.This would be my firts flinter.Been gone from the site here for awhile,it's nice to be back with good friends and great help.
Thank you all,murf :thumbsup:

Hey Murf,
It's been awhile. Did you ever get time to stop by the range in Woodland (Yolo)? Here is a rear sight from the Gun Works that are made for T/C. Don't know if they will work on the Cabela's. Might be worth checking out. Welcome back :hatsoff:

I have a Cabela's Hawken, which orginally had the standard screwed on adjustable sight. The former owner replaced that sight with a fixed buckhorn that simply screwed onto the barrel using the two existing holes.

You can buy this sight from The Gun Works. But I don't know if the holes will line up.

503.jpg

Or you can buy this sight from The Hawken Shop and drill your own holes.

TCHawken004.jpg

Robert

Back