• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabela's Kit Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ihunts2much

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I just finished up building a Cabela's Hawken kit with my son. I noticed there is a small threaded hole centered in the rear of the hook on the breach. Anyone know what this is for?

No, Its not in the tang, is in the hook of the breech itself. It is concealed when you hook the barrel in.

Been a while since I looked at one, but I think it is so that you can eliminate slop in the fit of the hook into the tang.

I put a small metric screw in that hole when I browned my barrel. It made it easyer to hang while I worked on it. When I was done I took it out.Maybe thats what they do also. Mark

Back