• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can I install a 50 caliber barrel on a 45 cal Hawken?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldracerguy

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Is there any trick or reason why a 50 caliber barrel for a TC Hawken won't fit on a TC 45 caiber Hawken?

There should be no problem. The Hawken used a 15/16" barrel. At one time the Hawken came in just .45 and .50 with the same sized barrel.

Thanks. My buddy has a .45 and is using it for deer so he really wants a .50 caliber. I have a 50 Renegade which has 1" flats, so that was a no go. I'll have him find a .50. If it was me I think I would go with a .54. Of course maybe he should get a 50 and a 54. One gun, three different calibers. Is that wrong......... :hatsoff:

Back