• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CenterMark of Upper New York Out of Biz

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do belive they are still around.I think thier business operations are modeled after The Rifle Shoppe. Good luck getting hold of them. I was never able to.

If it is still run by the same fellow (Paul), he may be a bit hard to contact. The last I spoke with him was a while back but he told me the best time to call was anytime on weekends, or weekdays after 3:30 PM. He said he was usually in the shop until 6:00 or so. At that time he had another full time job and also was running a vineyard which kept him quite busy. I think a member here (can't remember name)worked there part time also. If he sees this he may chime in. He was very pleasant and helpful, although it can be frustrating trying to make contact. If you are interested, keep on calling ----- I did.

Two more tries on the Telephone, no ANSWER, and not ever an Answering Machine. Maybe they went under, or will be soon, if this is how they run a business. JMHO.

Maybe he has caller ID? :rotf: :blah:

Just kidding.

I think he actually advertised in the latest issue of Muzzleloader; I'll have to go back and check.

I know nothing about them but you really need to be careful. We all have to remember that muzzleloading businesses are often one or two person operations, often not full time or sole source of income, and these people are very busy. Just because they don't always answer the phone doesn't necessarily mean that "Maybe they went under, or will be soon, if this is how they run a business". Answering a phone and spending a lot of time in a possibly non-productive casual conversation takes time from work that has to be done to keep the business afloat. I guess I'm saying we need to give them a break and not headline a topic with a statement like "CenterMark of Upper New York Out of Biz".

If Centermark was out of business he'd probably have time to answer the phone but since he's not, he doesn't. I believe he does some type of farming also. Makes exc. guns.
Deadeye

Most reputable ML builders are busy, just by word of mouth, and don't have time to spend long hours answering questions. They don't need to convince you to buy from them. Their work speaks for itself, and most have 1 to 3 year waiting lists. They build what they build, and you're not going to change that.
Sometimes, you just have to decide on a builder, and make a decision, trusting him and his work.

Go figure!!!

FWIW Bruce, if looking for French guns there are better sources when it comes to the PC/HC thing if that is an issue, R E Davis has a nice Fusil Fin parts set, TOW has a cows foot parts set that can be made to be a reasonable represntation. I do not know of any who provide a finished gun that has the right barrel or lock, Caywood, TVM,Sitting Fox and the like all fall short of the mark by most gun students appraisals.

Based only on reputation and the pics I've seen here, I would guess that Alex Efremenko can and does build fusils that most would say are correct.

I don't think you could go wrong with Alex building you a French gun, I would not even worry about doing your own research with him at the draw knife.Mike Brooks is another in this class of builder on the forum.

colmoultrie said:
Based only on reputation and the pics I've seen here, I would guess that Alex Efremenko can and does build fusils that most would say are correct.
:thumbsup:

My wife and I each have a Centermark Fusil-de-Chasses. I never could reach Centermark, but "The Log Cabin Shop" of Ohio was selling the ones I bought at the Fort Frederick Market Fair.

He is in business, but I never met anyone who has actually called him on the phone successfully. I don't know how he can do business while being virtually unreachable.

center Mark inc. does have an ad on page 24 in the March-April 2011 MUZZLELOADER magazine.
It gives a P.O. Box number and a telephone number.

It might be less misleading if he removed the phone number? :rotf:

While I can understand how many of these smaller companies are businesses on the side I can't help but feel that if they are going to deal with the general public (as opposed to personal friends) the very least they can do is to install a phone answering machine and to return the calls they get on it.

I'll be damned before I send someone my money if I can't even talk to them on the phone . :hmm:

I believe Center Mark had a table at the Kalamazoo Living History show last weekend. graybeard

Back