• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chambers Early Lancaster

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that is a very nice job!! Clean crisp lines. Very good job carving, I really like it Great Job!!. ...Geo.

Again...thanks to all for the compliments. I do try hard and once in awhile it sorta works out....Fred

Sorta works out? I wish I was so lucky for my work to, "sorta work out". Very nice work.

Yup, really, really pretty work. Super crisp carving. I hope you don't mind but I'm saving some of the pics for future reference! :surrender: I'll need all the help I can get when I try to do some carving.

Again thanks. I wish when I started building {1978} there were websites such as MLF and the attendant color photos and advice. 2D b&w photos are OK but require a lot of imagination. Didn't post the pics fishing for compliments, but coming from like minded people, they're very welcome....Fred

Just outstanding, thanks for posting the pictures.
Inspiring for sure.

Tinker2

Jim Klein sells an orange toner and that's what was used. I've never used the golden brown seeing I prefer a darker, reddish brown color......Fred

It's phenomenal job. I wonder what that wood would have looked like without stain, though.

Back