• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chamber's PA Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm contemplating a Chamber's PA Fowler. Haveing shot MLs for about the past 30 years, I've only shot a smoothbore a couple of times, but that was at least 25 years ago.

With one of Chamber's what kind of practical accuracy can one expect (the rifle, not necessarily me :wink: ) What kind of powder charges, range etc.

Also, how hard is the rifle to build?

Thanks

It would not be unrealistic to shoot a 3" group at 50 yds some do better some worse.The gun will let yopu know the powder charge and P&B combo or wad column preference.

if you are lookin' for round ball accuracy you may want the smoothrifle it has a back site ...little bit easier to aim than a fowler..

Or you could put a rear sight on the fowler. With some practice a rear sight isn't really necessary, though.

I recently completed building one and it is a beautiful gun with great architecture. They usually shoot low so don't be put off if it shoots low. You just need to learn to aim high. His barrels are sometimes a bit tight. You might try a 575 ball with .020 patching with 65 grains of 2fg.

Does anyone have any experience with one of the .54 smoothbore barrels instead of the .20ga?

Chris

I have Chamber's Smooth Rifle in .28ga/.54cal. Jim uses the same barrel for the smooth rifle kits and the PA fowler kits. I love my 28ga! It is a bit tight like mentioned before. I use a .520 rb with a .15 patch. I found that you have to up the charge a bit when you want accuracy with a rb in a smooth barrel. I shoot 70 to 80 grains of 3f and I get 3 to 5" accuracy at 50yds. The rear sight is the way to go, you can always remove it for smoothie matches. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back