• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

checking in

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brain

36 Cal.
Reaction score
new here, been ''lurking'' a few days checking everything out. sorta have an over load going on, there's so much here to look and read.
been out of bp shooting for a few years, just recently started with the urge again. those new fangled repeaters kind of side tracked me away from black powder.

here's my formly stalled project, that has recently been dusted off agian.
it started out as a T/C hawkens(who does'nt have one of them :grin: )
it was ''re-barreled'' with a g/m round ball barrel.
now it's getting restocked with a fancy maple stock, which will house a new lock(large siler), yet it will still retain a few T/C parts.
the barrel shoots great, but those sights are ugly as sin.
maple.JPG

i need to finish fitting the butt plate, do alittle sanding, and then finish.
i'm going to run over to dixon's tomorrow to talk staining with them.

after that i need to find a late lancaster kit to do. found a few here and there based on J.P Becks work. i'll probably go with one of[url] them......seeings[/url] how he worked with a few miles of where i live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brain. Welcome aboard! That's a nice looking hunk o' wood. I can't wait to see the gun when it's finished. :)

it came mostly inletted, but the trigger pull length was left for the builder to cut to their(my)own fit.
so to answer, i'm fitting it. i needed to figure what trigger pull length i wanted, then fit the plate to the wood.

i work with metal every day, but this wood thing is all new to me.

Remember to finish the butt plate first, then fit to wood. Dilly

Back