• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cherry Corners Mfg. Co

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, great read. I have what I think is a Cherry Corners Hawken rifle. Looks just like an Ithaca, no barrel stamps. Lock and triggers are stamped CherryCorners. Beautiful rifle.

Back in the late 70's early 80's, the Cherry Corners lock was considered to be the most correct lock to use for a J&S or Sam Hawken Plains rifle. These are very good locks. I used one to build my kind of - sort of Sam Hawken rifle from a large collection or pretty suitable parts. After about 15 years of fairly heavy use, the mainspring broke. I found that the L&R mainspring could be made to fit. The lock has a long throw, but with the strong mainspring, it is very fast. It will burst #10, 1075 or #11 caps with equal authority.

Back in the late 70's early 80's, the Cherry Corners lock was considered to be the most correct lock to use for a J&S or Sam Hawken Plains rifle. These are very good locks. I used one to build my kind of - sort of Sam Hawken rifle from a large collection or pretty suitable parts. After about 15 years of fairly heavy use, the mainspring broke. I found that the L&R mainspring could be made to fit. The lock has a long throw, but with the strong mainspring, it is very fast. It will burst #10, 1075 or #11 caps with equal authority.
Do you by chance remember which L&R spring you used? I need to do this to my Cherry Corners lock.

I have a Hawken gun on here for sale made from a cherry corners lock and parts set with Douglas barrel.

Attachments

• AB07C28C-8D39-4D63-AE40-D6FA2A5BCF2B.jpeg
    AB07C28C-8D39-4D63-AE40-D6FA2A5BCF2B.jpeg
    3.7 MB
  • 7B098769-BC30-4EB2-B227-688C65867140.jpeg
    7B098769-BC30-4EB2-B227-688C65867140.jpeg
    1.6 MB
  • E0D74329-FCDC-42F0-A2EE-12861A12D73E.jpeg
    E0D74329-FCDC-42F0-A2EE-12861A12D73E.jpeg
    2.2 MB
Do you by chance remember which L&R spring you used? I need to do this to my Cherry Corners lock.
It was the spring from the Late English percussion lock. I did have to drill a new hole for the locating pin

I used the full scale drawings in the Track of the Wolf's catalog to match spring size. Couldn't see the locating pin on the spring.

It was the spring from the Late English percussion lock. I did have to drill a new hole for the locating pin

I used the full scale drawings in the Track of the Wolf's catalog to match spring size. Couldn't see the locating pin on the spring.
Thank you, I figured the spring pin would be different. Much appreciated!

Back