• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ciamar a tha Sibh?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_McCracken

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Thats about all the Gaelic that I know. Anyway, I stumbled across this site, and I must say, it is one of the most informative site I have ever seen.

This is my first year in French and Indian War reenacting. My family and I joined a 42nd Highland which is located in Michigan. I have 2 small children who absolutely love reenacting.

Just yesterday I took my Brown Bess to the shooting range and I have to say I couldn't hit the boardside of a barn. Hopefully, I am hoping to get some pointers from the guys one would call "experience". :master:

I look forward in reading more post from the vast knowledge of this group.

Thank You
Pvt_McCracken
42nd Highlanders

Welcome to the camp. Always glad to see a new face at the fire. Lookin' at Stumpy gets old real fast. :: Course not near as fast as tryin' to drink his coffee. :crackup: My dad now lives in the southern part of Mich. down around Jackson. Again, welcome and hope ya find some useful info here. Take care.

At least one of our Bess shooters says he can hit a playing card at 100 yards with five shots!!!

This only prooves if you evenly spread out 5 decks of playing cards, shoulder to shoulder on the 100 yard berm, you're bound to hit one of them after 5 trys. :: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Welcome to the camp. :)

Ciamar a tha Sibh?

He must mean Maxiball and Zonie, they're our elderly gentleman...

Welcome pvt McCracken...

I shoot a bess, there's a trick to shooting cards at 100 yards with a bess...

Get 52 white kitcken tables and paint them to look like all 52 cards, then stand them upright and step back 100 yards and have at it... :thumbsup: :redthumb:

Pvt_McCracken,
first off welcome to the forum, second what does Ciamar a tha Sibh mean or did'nt you gat that far in your Gaelic education. i'm Irish as one can get and i would not have a clue! from what i've read and been told it is
a very hard language to learn!!!!
again welcome and stay active
Erin go bragh(Ireland forever)thats all i know
I am snake-eyes :peace: :thumbsup: :) :)

what does Ciamar a tha Sibh mean or did'nt you gat that far in your Gaelic education.

Cimar a tha sibh?

How are you?

With the word Sibh is used when speaking to a stranger, an older person then yourself, someone in authority, more then one person.

I hoped that helps

Pvt_McCracken
:thumbsup:

Uncle Ian McStumpy used to be full of Celticisms

Erin go Bragh.

Geddouda mi whusky.

I ken no fine me troos.

Lookin' at Stumpy gets old real fast.

Pay no heed to Rebel. He's just waitin fer me to turn my other side to him so's he can sneak more snake-bite remedy out o' my kit. I got my good eye on ye!

Welcome to the site.

C

Ahh, so that's what that stuff was, snakebite remedy. Tasted like some kind of rheumatiz ointment. :: And i didn't know ya had a good eye. At our age, they are usually both bad. ::

Sarah, an Irish lass taught me the only Gaelic phrase I know, but the rules of decorum prohibit me from repeating it in these hallowed halls of knowledge.

Yours from the gutter,

Gary :blah:

Latest posts

Back