• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

clean shot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim/Iowa

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Has any one tried Clean Shot? It is a pellit (sp) like a Pyrodex in 50grn pieces. I tried it in my in-line and was surprised at the lack of crud after a couple fires. Using a dry patch after each shot.
Jim

Here's the scoop on GOEX's CLEAN SHOT.Brand New Concept in Propellants - does not contain ascorbic acids or perchlorates! Clean Burning - produces very little residue and does not build up from shot to shot!

Non-Corrosive - contains nothing that will corrode the gun barrel!

Non-Hygroscopic - does not pick up moisture, even in very high humidity areas!

Indefinite Shelf Life - does not deteriorate or become unstable over time!

Consistent Velocities - designed like authentic black powder, low standard deviations!

Low Pressures - generates pressures no greater than other replica black powder propellants or black powder!

1.3C (Class B) DOT Shipping Status - shipped and stored just like smokeless powder!

Easy Cleanup - cleans up with water!

GOEX DOES NOT MAKE CLEAN SHOT!!! And the confusion continues. I have used CLEAN SHOT powder and it does shoot clean. I usually use a wet patch even though they say a dry patch is recommended. Be sure to clean your gun ASAP. With my limited experience using it that is about all I have to say about it.

After 30+ years of having shot real BP in many guns, both flint and caplocks and finding little effort required to load between shots and to clean at the end of the day.... I am a bit baffeled by the need to invent a substitute....kinda like tryin' to fix something that isn't broke.

The REAL STUFF can be hard to get in some areas, especially when some retailers want to push the substitutes and not go the extra yardage to sell the REAL STUFF! I'll take BLACK POWDER over that imitation manure any day!

quote:Originally posted by musketman:
Here's the scoop on GOEX's CLEAN SHOT.I posted CLEAN SHOT by mistake, Goex makes CLEAR SHOT...

I guess I better get my glasses and put them on...

Sorry everyone

As a related piece of genral info:

Clean Shot was made by "Clean Shot Technologies",
and it has now been reborn under a new name:
American Pioneer Powder

Latest posts

Back