• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cleaned up & photographed, what a memory

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll lay a rack in the fork of the tree in the back yard and by late summer, it'll be laying on the ground. It'll have little chew marks on it. Durn squirrels are doing it. My neighbor saw one messing with it. It's happened 3 times so far. I gotta find a better place.

Several with chew marks on them here. One of them was not a foundling either. The critters have chewwed on it in my basement. Another animal that will eat the horns is a turtle. They eat horn and feathers both.

I have found sheds that have been chewed on and some that weren't. 2 yrs. ago my son hit a nice 8 pt. first day of bow season and didn't find it. This was 2 week of October and my son in law and I found it rabbit hunting in January. The antlers and skull were bleached out close to the one roundball posted and what was left of the bones were largely scattered. The skull was not with the other bones. Go figure. :hmm:

just today I dug some deer feet hooks out of the attic---they were mouse chewed---

In Colorado and New Mexico I have found lots of antlers that were not chewed on. Here in Wisconsin If the antlers are on the ground for very long they are all chewed on.

Rat Trapper said:
In Colorado and New Mexico I have found lots of antlers that were not chewed on. Here in Wisconsin If the antlers are on the ground for very long they are all chewed on.
I read somewhere that porkupines (sp?) also like them a lot...and I suspect the north eastern 25% of the states have a lot of porkies

All rodent like critters like antlers...from mice and rabits to porqupines. In Oregon you very seldom find antlers that will make it all the way from drop time (Feb - March) till Hunt time in the fall.

Back