• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

cleaning brush

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Th

That's a set in stone fact now?
Several here have not had a problem, and the method to do so has been written here on multiple occasions.
I thought I would get a rise out of someone but I guess i was wrong?LOL! I use brushes myself but only on barrels I can pass it through. A brush on rifles that haven't been cleaned properly in the past. It saves time with the patches.

Just wondering if most folks have THE BRASS BRUSH IN THEIR CLEANING RITUAL. I ALWAYS HEAR I SWAB IT WITH THIS OR THAT AND NEVER HEAR ABOUT A BRUSH. I MYSELF ALWAYS USE ONE AFTER THE PATCHES COME OUT CLEAN AND THEN I WET IT DOWN AGAIN, AND MAN IT LOOKS LIKE STARTING ALL OVER . To ME THAT IS CLEAN; JUST WONDERING .
No.
No I do Not have a brass (or nylon( brush in my cleaning kit.
I have had to shoot out too many for others and learned from their misfortune.
One guy who brought a Stuck Brush to me said "It's what I've always done, it's what all the others do.."...then.....'HELP, IT WONT COME OUT!"

In my kit I have TOW and a Tow Worm, I also have some course hemp canvas patch material.
With that and a proper cleaning process - all my barrels are nice and shiny...I have never experienced rust either except for a couple gifted to me with rust - they rust No More.

Now, to be honest; I do have a Separate cleaning kit, it has a few brass and nylon brushes of various sizes, it has some Other cleaning fluids....but what I use them for we do not discuss here.

*Brass brushes are intended to pass Through the barrel and then pulled back in to remove....but I have been taught to pass it through from the Breach, then remove the brush from rod and pull 'brushless' rod out - repeat if necessary.....but we Don't discuss that here...

Back