• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cleaning Patches

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seem to prefer trapazoidal, as that is what they resemble after tearing away at old T-shirts. :grin:

I don't think it makes any difference, as long as they are not too tight or too loose, and do the job. Bill

Squares or rectangular are easier to cut and have no waste. Circular patches leave waste. :idunno:

If it doesn't make any difference for shooting patches I don't see why it would for cleaning. I hope you are not actually buying cleaning patches. I have yet to run out of a never ending supply of old T shirts and the occaisional flannel PJ.

if yer cuttin corners on cleanin.. it gonna cost ya later!

sorry,, :redface: had too... i don't think it matters cleanin or shootin.. :thumbsup:

if you use square patches for cleaning you rifle, a squad of mouth breathing, knuckle dragging thugs who have the brain pan of a gnat and the social graces of Attila the Hun will come to your house ... you'd better have your daughters off in another state!!!

if, however, you use round patches, you will be thin, rich, have stuff in your gun safe which will make you the envy of all the range, men will admire and respect you and women will desire you, the IRS will leave you alone, and Sarah Brady will come to your mansion so that you can have the 60 Minutes crew shoot video of you shooting skeet in your back yard.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

really, the cloth don't care and you shouldn't, either... do what works best for you.

Back