• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cleaning powder channel?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Otter said:
I've taken to using one of the CO2 ball dischargers after "final" cleaning to clear the flash channel.

That seems like a good idea. How many spurts of air can one get out of a CO2 cartridge when using it to clean the channel? I have never owned one.

When used to clear the flash channel, it only takes one, maybe 2, quick spurts of CO2 through the nipple. I've used the same CO2 cartridge for as long as 2 or 3 months. It depends how much you shoot. I also carry it with me on "woods walk" type of shoots and use it evry 5 or 6 shots just to make sure gunk doesn't build up in the channel. As always, your mileage may vary.

Back